• Llangoedmor


    by  • June 26, 2013 • Ceredigion, Llangoedmor, Modern, Period, Post-Medieval, School, Site Type • 4 Comments

    History: On 14th April 1848 money was being collected towards building a boys’ schoolroom for Llangoedmor. On 8th December 1848 the new building was almost finished, complete with Master and Mistresses House. It was probably designed by William Jenkins, Blaenbarthen. In 1861 Albert D. Parkin, 20, was the headmaster of the National School and...

    Read more →


    by  • June 26, 2013 • Ceredigion, House, Llangoedmor, Modern, Period, Post-Medieval, Site Type • 0 Comments

    History: The name means ‘Green Oak’. In 1838-51 Thomas Griffiths lived here. In 1838 Thomas Lloyd of Coedmore, Llechryd, owned Derwenlas and leased it to Thomas Griffiths. In 1841 Derwenlas was home to the following persons: Thomas Griffiths, 65, farmer; Sarah Griffiths, 65, his wife; Sarah Griffiths, 20, their daughter; Sarah Griffiths, 4, grand-daughter;...

    Read more →


    by  • June 26, 2013 • Ceredigion, Church, Llangoedmor, Medieval, Modern, Period, Post-Medieval, Site Type • 3 Comments

    History: The dedication is suggestive of an earlier medieval date, but the known history and architecture of the church, cemetery and environs are from later than 1400. In 1401 William Admondeston, Rector, exchanged parishes with Thomas Colham of Tonge. Thomas Colham resigned on 7th March 1402 and John Vaughan became the Rector – presented...

    Read more →