• Cilgerran

    BABELL C. M. CHAPEL, HIGH STREET

    by  • July 25, 2013 • Chapel, Cilgerran, Modern, Pembrokeshire, Period, Post-Medieval, Site Type • 2 Comments

    History: The chapel was erected in 1763, or possibly the first Calvinistic Methodist congregation in Cilgerran was formed that year. Thomas Morris, Stephen John and Thomas John were the early leading lights of the Cilgerran cause. John Edwards of Llanddewi Brefi came here to preach in 1794. The chapel was built or rebuilt in...

    Read more →

    TYRHOS INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, RHOSHILL

    by  • June 30, 2013 • Chapel, Cilgerran, Modern, Pembrokeshire, Period, Post-Medieval, Site Type • 0 Comments

    History: The name was recorded in 1762. The Independent chapel, styling itself “Ty Cwrdd y Rhos”, was formed in a house named Tyrhos. It initially consisted of 19 members from the surrounding chapels:- John Jones, David Luke, Margaret Luke, David Edwards, Mary Edwards, David Morris, David Williams, Martha Williams, Margaret Rees, Frances Rees, Martha...

    Read more →

    TYMELYN, CASTLE SQUARE

    by  • June 30, 2013 • Cilgerran, House, Modern, Pembrokeshire, Period, Post-Medieval, Site Type • 0 Comments

    History: The name means ‘Yellow House’. On 17th January 1889 Fanny Williams of Tymelyn was buried at Cilgerran Church having died aged 32. George C. Williams occupied Tymelyn in 1890-93. In 1891 the following persons lived here: 1): George Williams, 37, retired farmer; Mary Ellen Williams, 37, his wife; 2): Eynon Richards, 35, plumber;...

    Read more →