• Pembrokeshire

    BABELL C. M. CHAPEL, HIGH STREET

    by  • July 25, 2013 • Chapel, Cilgerran, Modern, Pembrokeshire, Period, Post-Medieval, Site Type • 2 Comments

    History: The chapel was erected in 1763, or possibly the first Calvinistic Methodist congregation in Cilgerran was formed that year. Thomas Morris, Stephen John and Thomas John were the early leading lights of the Cilgerran cause. John Edwards of Llanddewi Brefi came here to preach in 1794. The chapel was built or rebuilt in...

    Read more →

    Y STORWS, HIGH STREET (TY’R BONT CHAPEL)

    by  • July 23, 2013 • Chapel, House, Modern, Pembrokeshire, Period, Post-Medieval, Site Type, St. Dogmaels, Warehouse • 0 Comments

    Site Name: Y STORWS; TY’R BONT BAPTIST CHAPEL; MALT HOUSE.  History: This was probably the property leased on 30th April 1793 for 99 years, consisting of two adjoining pieces of land in St. Dogmaels parish to build a meeting house “…for preaching…” It was leased to Rev. David Jones and others. In 1813 Ty’r...

    Read more →