• Farm

    FOXHILL

    by  • August 15, 2013 • Farm, House, Modern, Pembrokeshire, Period, Post-Medieval, Site Type, St. Dogmaels • 0 Comments

    History: Foxhill was recorded in 1536 as “…Foxhyll Vaure…” and was leased for 80 years to Phillipp Roger. In 1665 “…Voxhill…” was the property of David Parry of Noyadd Trefawr, Llandugwydd. It was called “…Vaxhill alias Boxhill…” in a lease of 5th April 1720. On 20th August 1722 Stephen Parry of Noyadd Trefawr leased...

    Read more →

    FFYNNONCORONAU

    by  • July 22, 2013 • Bridell, Farm, Modern, Pembrokeshire, Period, Post-Medieval, Site Type • 0 Comments

    History: The name means ‘Well of Crowns’ – perhaps once a place of religious offerings. Reference was made in 1623 to “Placeffynnon y Corane”. On 28th June 1633 Thomas Revell of Bridell granted to David Parry of Noyadd Trefawr, Llandygwydd, the “…capital messuage called Crownes Well…” On 24th September 1634, John and Llywelyn Parry...

    Read more →