• Farm

    TYGWYN

    by  • July 1, 2013 • Bridell, Farm, House, Modern, Pembrokeshire, Period, Post-Medieval, Site Type • 8 Comments

    History: The present name means ‘White House’, and the old name meant ‘Hobgoblin’s End’. Reference was made in 1615 and 1626 to “Plas Pant pecka”. Both names were recorded in 1779. In 1786 James Bowen, who became the Mayor of Cardigan that year, owned Tygwyn. Tygwyn devolved to Thomas Bowen of Pantyderi. In 1786-90...

    Read more →