• House

    TRENEWYDD

    by  • September 27, 2013 • Farm, House, Modern, Pembrokeshire, Period, Post-Medieval, Site Type, St. Dogmaels • 0 Comments

    Site Name: TRENEWYDD; GAVEL; LOOKABOUT  History: The present name means ‘New Farm’. It was recorded in 1685 and 1720 in Noyadd Trefawr documents. In 1764 Thomas John of Lookabout became a Church Warden. On 6th April 1771 Marmaduke & Frances Gwynne of Noyadd Trefawr leased “…a messuage called Gavel alias Llain y parsed alias...

    Read more →

    PENDRE HOUSE, No. 56 PENDRE

    by  • September 7, 2013 • Cardigan, Ceredigion, House, Modern, Period, Post-Medieval, Shop, Site Type • 0 Comments

    History: The present building was erected by Dr. Thomas George Nugent. In 1808-44 Thomas George Nugent lived here. On 2nd October 1808 Thomas George Nugent married Jane Lloyd of Cardigan. On 16th October 1809 Thomas G. Nugent, surgeon, became a burgess of Cardigan. In 1811 Thomas George Nugent and his wife Jane Nugent lived...

    Read more →

    No. 43 PENDRE

    by  • September 5, 2013 • Cardigan, Ceredigion, House, Modern, Period, Post-Medieval, Shop • 2 Comments

    History: In 1818-67 Rev. Daniel Davies lived in the cottage which previously stood here. On 16th February 1818 Rev. Daniel Davies was granted a license to marry Mary Jones, daughter of Samuel & Elizabeth Jones of Nantyferwig and Bridgetfach. Rev. Daniel Davies owned shares in the following Cardigan ships: ‘Phoenix’, 54 tons (1825); ‘Valiant’,...

    Read more →