• House

    No. 7 ST. MARY STREET (Morgan & Richardson)

    by  • June 17, 2013 • Cardigan, Ceredigion, House, Modern, Office, Period, Post-Medieval, Site Type • 2 Comments

    History: Walter Giby probably occupied a building on this site in 1302. The present building may have been erected as a town house for the Brigstocke family of Blaenpant, Llandygwydd, in the late C18. The solicitor’s firm later known as ‘Evans & Morgan’ was founded in 1770 and may even have traded here from...

    Read more →

    No. 25/26 QUAY STREET (Castle Cafe’/Cellar Bar)

    by  • June 16, 2013 • Cardigan, Ceredigion, House, Modern, Period, Post-Medieval, Shop, Site Type • 0 Comments

    Site Name: No. 25 QUAY STREET. History: On 30th October 1821 Thomas George, solicitor, possibly already of No. 25, married Mary Anne John of Cardigan. In 1828 William Amlot, son of Richard Amlot, possibly of No. 25, owned shares in the Cardigan ship ‘Rosina’, 74 tons. In 1830 this may have been the office...

    Read more →