• House

    FOXHILL

    by  • August 15, 2013 • Farm, House, Modern, Pembrokeshire, Period, Post-Medieval, Site Type, St. Dogmaels • 0 Comments

    History: Foxhill was recorded in 1536 as “…Foxhyll Vaure…” and was leased for 80 years to Phillipp Roger. In 1665 “…Voxhill…” was the property of David Parry of Noyadd Trefawr, Llandugwydd. It was called “…Vaxhill alias Boxhill…” in a lease of 5th April 1720. On 20th August 1722 Stephen Parry of Noyadd Trefawr leased...

    Read more →

    GLANARBERTH

    by  • July 28, 2013 • Ceredigion, House, Llechryd, Modern, Period, Post-Medieval, Site Type • 2 Comments

    History: The house was built in the 1840’s or 1850’s to plans by architect Edward Heycock of Shrewsbury. The work was superintended by Mr. Ebrey of London. In 1860 William Buck lived here. In 1861 the following persons lived here: Eliza Jones, 57, landed proprietor; Frances Phillips, 23, her daughter; Arthur Lort Phillips, 39,...

    Read more →

    CILBRONNAU

    by  • July 28, 2013 • Ceredigion, House, Llangoedmor, Modern, Period, Post-Medieval, Site Type • 7 Comments

    History: On 10th January 1582 Howell Gruffydd Lloid and Gruffith Lloid ap Reis David Llywelen, both of Tredroir (Troedyraur), Cardiganshire, were granted the messuage here by John Mortimer of Coedmore, Llechryd, for a bond of £100. On February 20th 1596 Dythgy Verch Meredith, spinster, was the owner of Cilbronnau and mortgaged it to Gruffith...

    Read more →