• Warehouse

    Y STORWS, HIGH STREET (TY’R BONT CHAPEL)

    by  • July 23, 2013 • Chapel, House, Modern, Pembrokeshire, Period, Post-Medieval, Site Type, St. Dogmaels, Warehouse • 0 Comments

    Site Name: Y STORWS; TY’R BONT BAPTIST CHAPEL; MALT HOUSE.  History: This was probably the property leased on 30th April 1793 for 99 years, consisting of two adjoining pieces of land in St. Dogmaels parish to build a meeting house “…for preaching…” It was leased to Rev. David Jones and others. In 1813 Ty’r...

    Read more →

    PANTYWYLAN, CAMBRIAN QUAY, CARDIGAN

    by  • June 3, 2013 • Cardigan, Ceredigion, Modern, Period, Post-Medieval, Site Type, Warehouse • 0 Comments

    History: The present name means ‘The Gull’s Hollow’. In 1830 J. Griffith had the warehouse built and dated. It is marked on J. Wood’s 1834 map of Cardigan. In 1875-76 Thomas Davies occupied Cambrian Stores here. On 11th May 1877 William James, ironmonger & implement agent, may have been selling manures here. In 1877-83...

    Read more →